This episode of the Vacation Rental Success Podcast is sponsored by NoiseAware
Prevent parties, property damage, and loss of rental revenue with one simple solution
This interview has become an annual staple of the Vacation Rental Success calendar as I talk to Andrew McConnell of Rented.com and find out what he thought were the highlights and lowlights of the past year and look forward to what the next one will bring.
This 4th discussion is unique in the nature of the review of the wild ride that was 2020, and the unpredictability that is 2021. However, Andrew does a great job of tackling the magnitude of the task and brings us his knowledgeable insights into the industry.
In Andrew’s look ahead to 2020 around this time last year he commented that the Book Direct movement could be ‘misguided’ and we were perhaps missing the point – and the trajectory – of the online travel platforms.
At one point in this discussion when talking about opportunities and threats facing business owners in the coming year, he suggests there are now opportunities in booking direct.
This pivot highlights the changes that the year has brought. When we begin to come out of this there may be a multitude of new markets and connections we hadn’t thought possible in the old world.
- His review of 2020 – the positives and negatives
- How the big platforms fared
- Why the threat of regulations and legislation will loom large in 2021
- What happened to the master leasing model
- Thoughts on the Airbnb IPO and its future taking care of shareholder interests
- Why we should be focusing more on revenue management
- What owners and managers should pay attention to and do, in 2021