Our property management company has been in business for 17 years and we’ve dabbled with paid ads over time. Over the years we’ve built up a solid reputation and through the development of content, we regularly hit Page 1 of Google for our keywords. In other words, we do well on organic search even for some of the high ranking keywords.
We launched a new website this year and have been building a ton of location-specific content so I wanted to find out how best to run ads to capitalize on the work we’ve done.
Conrad O’Connell is the founder of Build up Bookings and has a strong reputation in the industry as a digital marketing specialist. He’s shared his thoughts before on the podcast – the last time was a couple of years ago so it was time to catch up, find out what’s new and what we have to do today to win in this highly competitive and potentially expensive area.
- What paid advertising actually means
- Why it is important to know what you want to accomplish
- The reason Google Ads may not be the best direction for an independent owner to take – and when they should give it a try.
- What keywords to target
- The do-it-yourself route vs hiring a digital marketing specialist
- The importance of getting Google Analytics installed and configured
- Why you need to share the uniqueness of your properties
- What a branded campaign is and why it’s useful
Links to sites mentioned:
Ubersuggest – Free Keyword Tool