2016 has been a turbulent year for the vacation rental industry and it seems that there’s something in the air. An unrest and dissatisfaction that is going beyond simple griping about traveler fees and the control that OTAs are tightening around our business models.
In September, UK based Rentivo sent out a survey asking their clients and blog readers to comment on their use of the major OTA’s (Online Travel Agents) such as Airbnb, Home Away, Trip Advisor etc.
Over 500 independent owners and property managers responded to the questionnaire, and Richard Vaughton, CEO and founder of Rentivo joins me on the podcast to talk about the results of the survey and Rentivo’s crowdfunding investment program.
I have recently joined 70+ other investors of Rentivo because I believe there is another way, and although it’s not going to be easy, it’s an optimistic way forward I want to be a part of.
- An overview of the survey results
- The top 3 comments towards OTA’s
- The ‘necessary evil’ of OTA’s
- Whether we are at a tipping point in the climate of OTA’s control of our businesses
- How we can bring control back to the independents
- The solutions that Rentivo can offer
- The Rentivo business plan
Links mentioned in this episode: