When I last interviewed Lynne Martin, she had just published her book, Home Sweet Anywhere, was excited about having an article featured in the Wall Street Journal, and had stayed in half a dozen vacation rental homes on their worldwide adventure.
Just over 2 years on, I wanted to catch up with Lynne and find out what’s been happening in the nomadic life she and her husband Tim have been leading.
And I found that not only has her best-selling book been published in 8 languages and now available on Audible, Lynne is now a bona fide journalist with a press pass, she is a regular contributor to Huffington Post and Travel Advisor to Travel Smith and will shortly be seen on a TV ad with a major brand.
And that’s not all. She and Tim have just welcomed their first guests to their custom built vacation home in California – a property created to their criteria, developed from five years of living in vacation rentals.
In this interview Lynne shares:
- The most memorable experiences of a five-year trek around the world
- Why a simple couch made such an impact
- The practical tips she is now applying to her own vacation rental
- 10 simple learning points brought back from a sea of experiences
- The benefits of using staging and photography professionals
- How she plans to manage the property when they get back on their travels
- What’s next on the Martin's adventure list
Sites mentioned in this episode:
Where you can find Lynne: