A few years ago, enquiries were simpler.
They referenced a simpler way of vacationing and underpinned why vacation rentals were becoming so popular.
People asked about the outdoors; the waterfront access; how good the fishing was, and whether there were any board games and videos.
Fast forward to 2016 and the questions are changing. They are becoming more focused on the technical and the quality of entertainment. Guests want help planning their holiday and for many, they want the owners to do the work for them.
In this episode, I cover five areas where we are seeing new demands, concerns, and requests for hand-holding, and talk through how we might adapt to each one.
- Why owners need to be completely upfront on Wifi limitations and restrictions
- The need for unlimited access to the internet…if available
- The extra resources to supply to meet the needs of our digitally adapted guests
- How the Olympics, the Blue Jays, and the Golf Channel might impact bookings
- Why you should upgrade to a Smart TV
- Your local knowledge and how to put it to best use
- How sharing the secrets of the best vegetable stand on the Farmer’s Market can win more bookings
- Why your personal recommendations are gold
- The changing needs of parents in terms of child safety
- The next best thing to a safety rail around a dock
- Stairgates, outlet covers, and lockable cleaning cupboards
- Why you should never buy a knock-off high chair
- The dying art of self-reliance
- Grumpy old people. Actually, I don’t say that but I think I am one, and you might get the vibe!!