It was hard to put a title on this episode as I covered such a lot with today’s guest that if I’d included everything it would have run to a paragraph!
For a start, Matt Ward is one of Vacation Rental Success’s most loyal listeners having binge-listened to every episode over a 4 week period. That impressed me so much I had to have him on the Show.
Matt and his partner Lisa have been proud owners of a Fort Myers condo since the summer of 2015, and he has quite a story to tell about buying and setting up the property and one of his recent rentals that was a bit of a baptism by over-occupancy.
As part of the set-up of his rental business, he’s built a website, a blog and uses email marketing and Facebook ads to promote the property. In fact, in 6 months he’s achieved what many owners take years to do.
In his day job(s), Matt’s the CEO of a web development company, a motivational speaker and expert on how to make your website effective.
- How Matt researched his VR location and what it has to do with the Boston Red Sox
- Why it’s so important to check rental restrictions within condo associations
- Matt’s difficulties in finding a realtor who understood short-term rental
- How he checked in his first guests 72 hours after the HA listing went live
- What actions he took to deal with neighbor complaints
- Why a blog post about Bacon Fest resulted in a special invitation
- Matt’s tips on setting up your own website
- Where you should be publishing links to your blog posts for more traction
Links for this episode:
Jet Pack – https://jetpack.me/
Hootsuite – https://hootsuite.com/
In Concert Web Solutions – https://www.inconcertweb.com/
Favorite Sun (on Home Away) – https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p4058279
Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/favoritesunfl/
The Favorite Sun – http://www.thefavoritesun.com/
Home Away Community Thread – https://community.homeaway.com/thread/52326
Where you can find Matt: