Every year brings new learning, and 2015 has been no different. Mike owns one property and I have two, along with the 190 managed by our PM company, so there’s always some issues we’ve not come across before. In this episode we talk about the year and share what surprised us, a few new trends, and the changes we’ll be making next year.
- The travelling giraffe and other things that people leave behind
- The one thing that is ‘more important than water’ (Wifi)
- Internet limits and the $1500 overage bill
- How Mike’s remote system is working
- The importance of covering all the bases (in Terms and Conditions …and departure checklists)
You’ll also hear some more about The Vacation Rental Formula that is being launched in early January, why we feel it’s a great resource and what you can expect to see.
Links to things we discussed:
VacationRentalFormula.com – Subscribe on our coming soon page to be eligible for early access (before Dec 26th 2015)
Income Property Season 10, Episode 15 – May not be viewable outside of Canada
GetVera – The system Mike uses for his door locks
The Lost Giraffe – Huffington Post