With 400 million monthly active users, and 70+ million users who access the platform daily, there’s clearly some potential for adding Instagram to our vacation rental marketing toolbox. And since it is free to use, and relatively easy to learn, there are few barriers to entry.
Some owners and VR marketers have embraced Instagram as their platform of choice so I naturally gravitated to one of these to get an experts view of how it should be used for the best effect and to create the most impact.
Thibault Masson has been a previous guest on Vacation Rental Success talking about his properties in Bali, St Barts in the West Indies and Paris, so it was a delight to have him join me again and share his insights into Instagram and how it has helped him to become a sought-after authority on his locations.
There is a Khardashian connection too, that we should all take note of – not necessarily to find out how to attract the famous-for-being-famous – but to appreciate the spread and breadth of the platform’s tentacles.
Thibault talks about his primary goal for using Instagram which is to get people onto his list, and how from there he can promote the location and his property via his newsletters and informational broadcasts.
He shares how geotargeting can connect with people who are vacationing on the island of St Barts and are posting on Instagram in real time. Since a good proportion of guests return to the island, that instant connection to them is hugely valuable. Tibo’s tips
Because of his #1 destination status on Instagram as an authority for St Barts, other businesses see him as influential. Thibault explains how this works to bring more traffic to his websites and the conversions that have been made.
Thibault also shared:
- How he surfed on the Kim Kardashian wave
- Why the quality of Instagram followers is better than quantity
- How ‘Did you Know’ quotes create authority
- Why you should post things that matter to people who might come and stay at your properties
- Ways to grow an Instagram account with Hashtags
- What hashtags you should choose
- What is clickable on an Instragram post and why that makes hashtags important
- How geo-targeting works to connect with people in the vicinity of your property
- The optimum number of posts per day
- How to work with other tourism provider on share-for-share posting
- How to build aBuilding hashtag lists and how to use notepad to store them
- What Call to Action (CTA) to use in a post
- How to create a template in Canva
- Time savers and batch posting
- Why automation on Instagram needs some manual input
And the resources and sites mentioned in this show…
150 + Instagram Statistics
5 Owners and Managers reveal how they use Instagram for their Vacation Rental Business – Rentalpreneurs.com
Where you can find Thibault: