It is always a real pleasure to speak to another podcaster and in this episode my guest is the host of the Holiday Let Success podcast – Elaine Watt. Does that sound familiar?
Well yes, Elaine also interviews vacation rental experts, owners and rental guests. She is also a vacation rental owner and passionate about her region, sharing this in her new podcast Live, Love, Worcestershire.
Go on – try and say that. If you are having a problem check out this video:
So, Elaine and I had a great discussion about her marketing strategies, the listing sites she uses and why her goal is to free herself of the gorillas. We also talked about Facebook as this is her platform of choice, and how she is using it to grow a loyal audience.
Of course we ended up back at podcasting again, and discussed the technical side of setting one up and how she overrode the fears to gain confidence.
Elaine talks about:
- What a ‘bothy’ is and why it’s a popular romantic spot
- Her #1 secret to holiday let success
- How using hashtags in Twitter help her find networking events
- Why she uses Facebook competitions and how they work to promote the property
- How to create a custom audience on Facebook
- Why vacation rental owners need to connect with local businesses
- How she is gearing up to become listing-site free
- Why Infusionsoft is her choice of CRM
- The topics she is choosing for her podcast
- How to get started with podcasting
- The simplicity of a podcast set-up
Links from this episode:
Where you can find Elaine: