Debi’s story of buying, renovating and marketing four separate (and very different) vacation rental properties is motivating and inspiring.
From a career in patient care to a rewarding business in guest care, Debi has used all her skills of understanding the needs of people to create a welcoming environment and it shows in the consistent five star reviews she receives.
In this episode Debi tells us how she began her business in what she calls a haphazard way, marketing on every platform she could find, and how now she does this in a more structured way. For example, Airbnb is a strong market for some, but not all her properties and she explains why Airbnb works better for all but one of them.
Debi is a strong advocate of the Airbnb style of ‘owner centric’ operating and discusses the differences in approach between them and the traditional Home Away/Flipkey listing businesses.
We also explore the value of finding a good housekeeper/property manager and Debi shares a great tip with me that I will be using with my own property manager very soon.
The Oregon Coast is a beautiful part of the country, and Debi shares her knowledge of the area in a variety of ways including having a Vacation Insider Guide created, and exploring using Google Plus to maximize her opportunities to impact visitors.
In the episode we discuss
- How Debi got started with vacation rentals
- The early days of unstructured marketing
- How Airbnb has increased her occupancy levels
- The value of Airbnb’s review system
- Why it’s important to find a property manager who thinks the same way
- How she manages supplies at each property
- How her Vacation Insider Guide got underway
- Debi’s exploration of Google Plus as an information sharing gateway
- Her podcast launch plans and topics for interviews
Links to sites mentioned:
[ois skin=”In Post Sign Up”]
Where you can find Debi: