In this session of Vacation Rental Success I share 25 ways you can make an impact on your guests that will contribute to them writing a great review on your listing.
I know from personal experience how much reviews can impact a vacation decision. We use vacation rentals wherever we travel and the reviews are an integral part of the selection process, as they are in most buying choices.
Over the past few months I’ve spent a lot of time analysing the success of listings, looking at how the quality of photos, the headlines and text, and the reviews combine to boost bookings. Episode 11 with travel copywriter Erin Raub explored how we can weave magic in the words we use, while in Episode 13 vacation rental photographer Tyann Marcink gave us some great advice on taking excellent photos.
In today’s episode, I talk about all the different ways we can influence guests to encourage them to write us a great review.
While just doing a couple of these things might not have much effect, excellence in all these areas can contribute to your guests being totally satisfied and eager to post their five star testimonial.
In this session I talk about:
- How a well managed booking process creates confidence
- The importance of sharing your local information and how and when you should do this
- Ways to make your guests feel welcome even if you can’t meet them personally
- The one thing all guests will do while they are at your property
- The reason a well-handled problem can deliver a great review
- Why the little extras can make such a difference
- How you can be a star for your pet-owner guests
- How one simple addition to your Welcome Book can bring more reviews
- Making checkout easy & why that is important to overall guest satisfaction
Mentioned in this episode:
The Power of Wow – Home Away Seminar Notes