Investing in property in three very diverse markets, mostly off-grid, and in wildly different locations may not be unusual, but doing it simultaneously, and on a small budget, requires a very unique perspective. And when the investors' motto is Plan Less – Live More, you may wonder how this all comes about.
In her day job, Kelly Cronin provides multi-site support to veterinary emergency and specialty centers. Outside of this, and with very little capital, she was able to fund purchases in Puerto Rico, Utah and Alaska – a collection that has become Cronin’s Castles.
With the help of her multi-talented, 11-year old, marketing director-daughter, Kelly is achieving a mostly direct-book business and in this episode, she shares how the business came about, what makes it tick along, and what’s next in the works.
You’ll hear about:
- How Kelly got into the real estate and short-term rental business.
- Where she found the properties and her philosophy on buying diverse real estate
- What makes unique properties so desirable in today’s market
- The marketing platforms that work the best and why she aims for direct booking as the primary driver for her business
- The ways one-eyed Willie, the rooster, wild horses, and an iguana appeal to her demographic
- How to create effective barter arrangements with influencers and photographers
- The technology platforms that make her business more effective and easier to manage
- Creative ways to employ good staff and how to work with vendors effectively
- Kelly’s advice for any new investor in the STR market
Facebook: Cronins Castles
Vieques Seahouse (Puerto Rico)
Inn a Nutshell (Alaska)
Izzy: Video of Vieques Seahouse
Inn a Nutshell
Dorian Sanders Photography