The short-term rental industry has made massive advances in the last ten years.
PMS companies trumpet features that offer everything you could possibly need to run a sizeable vacation rental company, from owner and guest portals to website and channel management, housekeeping and maintenance schedules, to trust accounting …and much more.
And if you wander the vendor space at conferences, they are all there vying for your business.
So, how do you choose the one that is right for you?
In this episode, Paul Waldschmidt, founder of OwnerRez, shares his thoughts on what makes a good software solution, what you should look for, and how a people-first approach drives the company culture and has contributed to its success.
He also talks about how OwnerRez has quietly worked at making their software one of the most lauded in the business.
Some of the topics we discussed:
- How to choose the right PMS for a small business
- The common pain points that software needs to resolve
- The questions to ask when researching options
- How all integrations are not created equal
- The key features to look for in a software solution
- The best way to make the relationship between PMS and clients successful
- How the Book Direct Movement impacts demands for software
- The best tools for owners targeting direct bookings