Our property management company has been in business for 17 years and we’ve dabbled with paid ads over time. Over the years we’ve built up a solid reputation and through the development of content, we regularly hit Page 1 of Google for our keywords. In other words, we do well on organic search, even for some of the high ranking keywords.
We launched a new website this year and have been building a ton of location-specific content, so I wanted to find out how best to run ads to capitalize on the work we’ve done.
Conrad O’Connell is the founder of Build up Bookings, and has a strong reputation in the industry as a digital marketing specialist. He’s shared his thoughts before on the podcast – the last time was a couple of years ago - so it was time to catch up, find out what’s new and what we have to do today to win in this highly competitive and potentially expensive area.
- What paid advertising actually means
- Why it is important to know what you want to accomplish
- The reason Google Ads may not be the best direction for an independent owner to take – and when they should give it a try.
- What keywords to target
- The do-it-yourself route vs hiring a digital marketing specialist
- The importance of getting Google Analytics installed and configured
- Why you need to share the uniqueness of your properties
- What a branded campaign is and why it’s useful
Links to sites mentioned:
Ahrefs Keyword Explorer
Ubersuggest – Free Keyword Tool
Build Up Bookings
VRS130 – Paid Advertising with Conrad O’Connell